I’ve been putting a concentrated effort into being a more positive, less judgmental person. Not in a blech, icky way, but I do tend to lay the snark on way thick at times and I tend to jump to conclusions, so I’ve been trying to be more open-minded and such. That said, some days it’s harder than others to bite the old tongue. Some things I’ve been thinking lately (this is my safe space, okay?):
- Would everyone please shut up about “leggings aren’t pants”? Leggings ARE, in fact, pants. VERY literally so. I think, friends, that we’re perhaps confusing leggings with tights. Tights are not pants. They’re…underpinnings? They’re meant to be worn under other articles of clothing. They’re sheer. Leggings are not sheer. They’re NOT meant to be worn under other articles of clothing (except maybe a long shirt). Leggings are pants. They’re pants. They just are. Don’t wear them to, like, court or anything, (what I’m saying is, they’re VERY casual) but they’re pants. Quit it.
- I have zero tolerance, at this juncture in life, for people who scoff at others for being “weird.” I’ve actually begun to use this as a qualifier for who I consider to be a garbage person with low intellect. Weird people are the only people who matter. The only people who AREN’T weird, at least a little bit, are people who are chickenshit and are terrified to be anything other than painfully boring. You’re Angela from American Beauty. Gross. Get outta here.
- Shut the hell up about “cheat days.” It’s been scientifically proven (by me) that every time you use the term “cheat day,” you actually GAIN half a pound. Look it up. It’s right here. I just said it. It’s true. In all seriousness though, NOBODY cares that you’re eating a donut. Talking about it makes you excruciatingly boring. Stop.
- It is not okay, once you’ve reached the age where you consider yourself an adult, to say that “you don’t care about politics,” and then complain about the state of pretty much anything (usually in an extremely uneducated manor). That’s lazy. I understand not caring for politicians, but at least know the difference. You’re not making a statement by saying you don’t care about something. I know you think you are, but you’re not.
- Is anyone actually inspired by any of this ridiculously generic, “inspirational” drek that everyone feels is necessary to constantly spout on social media? Stop saying “rise and grind,” please. Life is not as hard as you’re making it out to be. You live in the suburbs and work in an office. Also, post pictures on Instagram. I don’t even care what pictures you post. Food? Cool. Selfies? Chill. Whatever. Just freaking post pictures. That’s what Instagram is for. If I wanted to see 48 thousand memes a day, I’d google that shit.
Basically, I’d just like everyone to stop being robots. I don’t know if it’s the appropriation of social media or a certain age group or what, but I’m so bored with everyone acting the same. Speak your individual minds. I’ve seen little sparks of brilliance in most people I talk to on a regular basis, but so many people just seem so terrified to like what they like and act naturally. The world would be so much cooler if everyone would just be themselves!
Okay, I promised I wouldn’t be “crazy rant Jessi” on here, but I don’t think I got toooooooo deep. I’ll stop while I’m ahead. Back to your regularly scheduled programming. 🙂